Sunday, April 19, 2009

My Visit to LLQA - A Trip Down Memory Lane

LLQA stands for Land of Lincoln Quilters Association. It is a statewide organization that meets in various locations throughout Illinois. Yesterday the meeting was in Lincoln. I was the guest speaker. It was a new experience for me - a good experience. What could be better than spending time in the company of quilters talking about quilts?

It was fun getting out the quilts made over the past 11 years and deciding which ones I would take along. (It has not been as much fun putting them away!) Even though I knew it would be the case, I was surprised to see how much my skill level had changed. I think all quilters should assess their own quilting growth from time to time in order to appreciate their own accomplishments.

I took 28 quilts of various sizes, including the first quilt I made in August of 1998. I wasn't able to take any of the Marula Designs quilts because they were all at the Rosemont IQA show.

Today I am working on the exact design for the Bird Haven applique blocks.

No comments: