Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Little blocks

How cute is this? 

The finished size is 17" x 22". Each little strip is 1" x 2".  The quilt has 188 pieces. (I'm into quilt statistics.)


I made it because I was cutting strips from fat quarters and kept ending up with a strip that wasn't wide enough for the quilt in progress.  I cut 1 1/2" strips and set them aside for later.  Later came before the other quilt was finished.  I pieced this top over the last few days.  It isn't quilted yet, but we already established that I can show works in progress (WIPs). 

So here is an idea.  Imagine that you are making the zigzag quilt for a little girl in baby quilt or larger size.  How much fun would it be to make a miniature quilt for the little girl's doll? 

I'll tell you.  It would be SO MUCH FUN.  Try it.

No comments: