Sunday, March 13, 2011

Finished...or so I thought

To recap, I had eleven blocks left over from Star Spangled. I used them to make 3 two-block wall hangings and 4 one-block wall hangings. I finished the last of the 7 wall hangings yesterday, washed it, and photographed it.  I am happy.  My life is complete...for the moment anyway.

I've grown quite fond of this little feathered heart.  One more picture of it won't hurt.  You can't have too many pictures of feathered hearts, can you?

There is fabric left over from setting triangles and borders for all the wall hangings.  Time to tidy up a bit.  Sort it by color, fold it, and put it away before things get out of control and there is a big mess.

Wait.  There is something wrong with the math.  3 two-block wall hangings plus 4 one-block wall hangings equals 10 blocks.  11 minus 10 is 1.  My eyes scan the room.

Oh, yeah, now I remember.


When I made all the blocks, I wasn't quite sure what I would do with them.  This block was supposed to be one that looked kind of old and faded and blended into the quilt.  The kind of block that made everyone stand back and say, "I love how that one block looks all faded."  They are somewhat mesmerized and stare at the quilt for hours.

Then Star Spangled turned into a red, blue, and gold quilt.  This green block was not used.  When I pulled fabric for the 7 wall hangings, I couldn't find anything that I liked real well for this block.  So I set it aside.

Now what?  I am so ready to move on to a new project.  I could just toss it.  But will I?

No comments: