Monday, March 28, 2011

Illusions

This quilt contains the same 6 thirties prints that were in a quilt shown in the March 26th post. 


It took more planning than the other quilt and required more concentration.  I actually pieced this one before the other one, but quilted them in the opposite order.  I expected to like this one better, but that is not the case.

Even though both quilts have the same number of fabrics, the other quilt looks like it has many more.  I'm pretty sure that is why I like it better.  The illusion can only be due to the random placement of the fabrics. 

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Love these quilts! I agree the "scrappy" one has an edge over the organized one(very out of character for me to say). The blue one is still my favorite. However, that baby boy beats all in CUTENESS!!!